I love Starbucks. It is such a fun place. Granted, I went there to read Lord of the Flies…but ended up visiting with two complete strangers for 2 hours. A guy named Jesse started talking to me about my book and we got to talking about life in general, and he was telling me about his backpacking trip through Europe a few years ago! WOW! Here is this 26 year old guy who has traveled to 37 countries on 5 continents…and I have lived in small town Texas my entire life…never left the good ol’ USA. As he and his friend Abe talked to me, I was thinking Okay, I am so going to go backpack through Europe for 2 weeks after graduation…I’m there. Hearing them talk about fulfilling their dreams was awesome, and it made me think…How many times do we say that we are going to do something we have always dreamed of…but never do it? How sad is that? I’m not saying that everyone needs to go backpacking through another country, but it’s great to dream…strive towards those goals, and if it is in God’s will, it can happen. It really encouraged me today at Starbucks talking to complete stangers about how I want to go to Australia and visit Hillsong Church, and I started thinking Why can’t I? Here are a few of my goals…
1. Australia – Hillsong Church.
2. 2 week backpacking trip through Europe with my brother Ryan.
3. Disney World/Disney Land.
4. Guatemala – my great grandparents were missionaries there, and I think it would be awesome to see where they shared the Word.
5. LA Ink or Miami Ink.
6. Road trip from California to Maine.
8. FINISH SUMMER READING ASSIGNMENT…that’s not really a goal…but I have to do it. Haha!
9. Wherever else God leads me! 🙂