There are times that I sit here and just get…giddy. I get excited about life, and how beautiful it is. There are moments where it is a…messy type of beautiful, but nonetheless, beautiful. Beautiful is a vague word, so I’ve been sitting here thinking about specific moments that make me just oh.so.happy about the beauty of this life. Tonight, here are a few things I’m thankful for:
1. Alliteration…which is why this post is called Thankful Thursday. 😉
2. Puffy clouds with sun-rays shining through.
3. House windows being open.
4. Fall colors.
5. Blaring music in the car.
6. My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ’s unending faithfulness.
7. Handwritten notes & snail mail.
8. This passage of scripture.
Psalms 100 (ESV)
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
Know that the Lord, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!
For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.
9. Night time conversations and prayer time with these 2 little ladies.
I *know* all too well that I let days creep by me without recognizing the beauty of each day. I want to live each and every day with purpose…recognizing the Lord each day, and walking with Him. I want to love people I come in contact with the way I am called to love them – like Jesus loves them. I am thankful. I serve a magnificent, Holy God.